суббота, 22 мая 2010 г.

The Secrets of my Last Name: Ep. II

For a long time I have an idea to go to the National Archives of Moldova, to find out something about my ancestors and in general to acquire new information. So I finally decided and walked away. First of all the Director of the Archives began to ask me many questions, "what do you need to find ? for what? and why?" He probably thought then, "what wants from me this little boy!" maybe to steal an ancient book?! ".But when I told him about all my intentions, he hands in me a pass for free visits to the Archives of Moldova, the whole year.
Coming into the reading room, I immediately wanted to laugh, it's really! It looked very funny by the fact that on the tables sat only old people who looked through those old and dusty books. Honestly to tell you I looked "a little" younger then them. In the beginning was a little bit not comfortable in the presence of these older people, but as time passed, and with him gone and feel comfortable too.

Search in the Archives -is a rather hardly thing. You must be able to decipher various old handwriting, books are different kinds of huge quantities of different ages (from the XVI-XX centuries).
Last Thursday, I stumbled upon my first luck. Look here
I think I found something about my uncle and aunt of my grandmother on my mother's line.

P.S>I will continue my searching. And maybe soon I can write a small book about the secrets of my name.

2 комментария:

Liubovi комментирует...

Ou, i hope it will be too soon, because i want to exceed to read it too, it is till now my family secret too, till I'm not married)

Emily комментирует...

What a fantastic quest! I just love stuff like this. I hope you find what you are looking for and more!

Cheers!